Monday, August 4, 2008

Las Vegas food highlights

One of my favorite things about Las Vegas is the wide variety of restaurants. I'm not a big-city kind of girl, but I love eating out and appreciate good food. I planned to do a daily food blog live from Vegas, as there are so many wonderful eateries, but Internet access was sporadic and my free time surprisingly limited. It was a hectic week, but we did make time to get away from the Strip and revisit some of our favorite restaurants.

Our first stop (directly from the airport) was Memphis BBQ. No need to look at the menu--it was brisket sandwiches and apple blossom tea for both of us.


Next up was our favorite breakfast place, The Original Pancake House. Portions are GINORMOUS, so it is a good idea to share with a friend. Unfortunately, Bill likes meat and I prefer veggies, so he never wants to split anything. He had a basic egg and sausage breakfast and I had an incredible baked omelet with lotsa veggies. And fluffy buttermilk pancakes and fresh-squeezed OJ. Then we had to go take a nap and digest a while...


The other Divas in town for RollerCon joined us for dinner at Sammi’s Woodfire Pizza. I had, you guessed it, a grilled veggie pizza. Yummy!

More to follow...

No comments: