Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon - October 21, 2017

via GIPHY

Stock up on books and caffeine! It's time for Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon! The event takes place on October 21, 2017 and you can sign up here.

The organizers have come up with a fun photo challenge to keep us busy while we wait for the main event. There are several places to follow along, but I'll be posting at #30Days of Readathon on Twitter. Come on by and join the fun!
Since I've been doing so many readathons, often more than one at the same time, I do one long post for each event. During the readathon, I'll update this post as I go. 

I love that everyone is reading at the same time, no matter where we are in the world. Find out the start and end times for your time zone here. I'm in the Pacific Northwest of the United States, so I'll be reading from 5:00 am on Saturday, October 21 to 4:55 am on Sunday, October 22. 

******************
Here we go!
via GIPHY

Saturday, October 21, 2017

5:00 am - 2:00 pm: Reading You Don't Have to Say You Love Me by Sherman Alexie
2:00 pm - 2:30 pm: Read The Adventures of Superhero Girl by Faith Erin Hicks
2:30 pm - 3:00 pm: Read You Don't Have to Say You Love Me by Sherman Alexie
3:00 pm - 8:00 pm: Read The Case of the Left-Handed Lady by Nancy Springer
8:00 pm - 10:00 pm: Read Pemba's Song by Marilyn Nelson & Tonya C. Hegamin
10:00 pm - 12:00 am: Read Granny by Anthony Horowitz

Books started: 5
Books finished: 5
Pages: 1097


Sunday, October 22, 2017
12:00 am - 2:00 am: Read I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder
2:00 - 5:00 am: Reading When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi (So close to the end, but didn't quite finish.)

Books started: 2
Total started: 7
Books finished: 1
Total finished: 6
Pages: 410

Total pages: 1507

Total hours read: 20-ish. I took a couple of unexpected naps while resting my eyes with an audiobook and had to replay a few tracks. 

Hour One:
Ten Years in 10 Books (Recommend a book published in each year of the readathon):
2007--The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
2008--The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling
2009--Ash by Malinda Lo
2010--How Reading Changed My Life by Anna Quindlen
2011--Orange Is the New Black by Piper Kerman
2012--Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
2013--Two Boys Kissing by David Leviathan
2014--Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay
2015--Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert
2016--The Wrath & the Dawn by Renée Ahdieh
2017--The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas

I've read and loved these books and I think you will, too.


Hour Three Gifathon:
via GIPHY


Hour Five Challenge: #readmorewomen
Read and loved.

TBR

I didn't spend much time on the social media aspect this time. Instead, I focused on reading as much as possible. Which is the point, right? Gotta get that TBR wall under control. 
via GIPHY






3 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I focused on reading, too. I had two huge interruptions, but I did manage to finish two books.

You did fantastic!

https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2017/10/can-you-read-for-24-hours-no-neither.html

Debbie said...

I loved the #30DaysofReadathon photo challenges leading up to the readathon, but social media stuff during the readathon makes it so easy to avoid actually reading. Other bookish people are so fun to chat with and I don't have many of those in real life.

Tammy said...

Hey there!
Nice to meet you. New follower here!