Tuesday, February 4, 2014

2014 YALSA Hub Reading Challenge - Getting Started


With the prospect of at least six more weeks of a bitterly cold, snow-filled winter looming ahead, I desperately needed something to look forward to. At last, the YALSA Hub Reading Challenge is here to help me appreciate the time I am able to spend curled up under a thick blanket and a snuggly cat.  Last year I "won" the challenge (though I did not meet my personal goal of reading the entire list). The best part was discovering a few gems that I would not have been likely to pick up on my own.

I've printed out the list and will head over to my local library after work tomorrow. As I did last year, I'll read at random, picking whatever is immediately available at the library or already a part of my personal collection. I have only read a few of the books on the list, so I'll have plenty of opportunities to discover new favorites. I have Beauty Queens by Libba Bray and The Book Thief and I am the Messenger by Markus Zusak; I love all three of these books and will most likely start the challenge by rereading one of them. 




Tune in at the end of the week for my first review--or maybe two. 

No comments: