Thursday, July 19, 2018

#24in48 Readathon--July 2018

Another #24in48? My heart is all aflutter, even though my husband is going to do his best to lure me away from my TBR stack. I may not make it to 24 hours, but I'll be reading in every spare moment. For full details and the sign-up, click here.

I'll be updating this post during the readathon, as well as on Twitter under #24in48
Happy reading to all!

Saturday, July 21
Started:
Down Among the Sticks and Bones by Seanan McGuire 
Dietland by Sarai Walker
Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes
I'll Be Gone in the Dark by Michelle McNamara

Finished:
Down Among the Sticks and Bones by Seanan McGuire 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Dietland by Sarai Walker ðŸŒŸðŸŒŸðŸŒŸðŸŒŸ


Hour 6: Marvelous Opening Lines
"It was late in the spring when I noticed that a girl was following me, nearly the end of May, a month that means perhaps or might be." from Dietland by Sarai Walker

Hour 12: A Whole New World 
The first book I read that altered my worldview was The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley. I grew up obsessed with mythology, fairy tales, and the King Arthur legend. Reading a story I knew so well from the women's perspectives was an a-ha moment for me about the ways in which women are erased from public view. A more recent read that gave me similar feels is Circe by Madeline Miller. The Odyssey by Homer is another well-known narrative that benefits from giving a central female character the chance to tell her side of the story. 
 

Sunday, July 22
I'm getting behind on the challenges because all I want to do is read! My husband wants attention and we have wildfires burning all around us and I'm in a comfy chair with my books like:
via GIPHY

Started:
The Hamilton Affair by Elizabeth Cobbs

Finished:
Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes ðŸŒŸðŸŒŸðŸŒŸðŸŒŸ
I'll Be Gone in the Dark by Michelle McNamara🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Final Stats:

Total time: 27 hours, 31 minutes, 23 seconds
Books started: 6
Books finished: 4
Total pages read: 1,425

Can't wait to do this again in January!

No comments: